Vein visualization should be an essential device for peripheral IV access procedures throughout all hospital departments. In Outpatient Centers (Pre-Op), patients can present a number of challenges to vascular access that can delayed an IV start that can cause surgery schedule delays and missed slots, resulting in increased cost and even patient risk. Operating room delays are costly to the facility (~$4000/hour in the US) and are likely passed along to the patient. Vascular access in pediatric departments is more difficult due to vein size, subcutaneous fat, and patient stress levels. VEINSITE® has been shown to have a positive impact on IV success rates in children. All personnel who start peripheral IV can benefit from using VEINSITE® as a standard of practice for vein visualization.
VEINSITE’s clinical benefits include:
- Improve vascular access success rates
- Reduce unnecessary needle sticks (multiple insertion attempts)
- Increase the number of visible veins
- Facilitate placing standard peripheral IV’s to avoid unnecessary IO, PICC, CVC, etc.
- Improve peripheral IV first stick success
- Effective for patients of all skin tones, ages, and weight as well as patients that are dehydrated or in trauma
- Easy to learn and use – can be used immediately without calibration
- Hands-free feature allows practitioners to use both hands during a procedure, eliminating the need for a second person or additional equipment
- No patient contact, easy to maintain and clean
- Rechargeable battery – portable and long battery life of approximately four (4) hours
- Wide field of view – large area can be assessed without moving patient or device
- Head-worn – a simple movement allows scanning of the anatomy
- Direct LCD display – not subject to parallax effects
- Direct line of sight – eye movement provides both enhanced viewing or direct viewing of the anatomy
Please contact Vuetek Scientific for more information.